What we expect of Allenbourn pupils
All children are expected to come to school neatly dressed in school uniform. Ensuring that all pupils wear the correct uniform is a very important part of school life and reflects our desire to set high standards for pupils both within the school and when they represent us in the outside world.
The Allenbourn uniform has been chosen, in consultation with parents and governors, to be as low-cost as possible and easy to maintain. We do appreciate, though, that buying or replacing uniform and sports kit can sometimes put a real financial pressure on families. If you are in this situation, we ask that you contact the headteacher as a school clothing grant may be available.
We recommend that all items of clothing and PE kit should be clearly marked with your child’s name and tutor group. This helps us speedily reunite lost items with their owner!
Extremes of fashion of hair or clothing are neither acceptable nor appropriate during school time. Hair should be well off the face giving maximum vision and minimum interference. Long hair needs to be clipped or tied back. Hair accessories should be in school colours (black or yellow).
You can purchase school uniform from Bartlett's, King Street, WImborne.
Here's what pupils wear
- Plain charcoal grey or black regulation long school trousers, classic style, below the ankle length. Plain charcoal grey regulation short school trousers.
- Grey or black school skirt of knee length. Tight skirts or skirts with slits are not suitable for school, nor are ankle length skirts or short skirts.
- Fabric for skirts and trousers must be of polyester mix, a non-fade fabric, and not denim, cord or lycra.
- White plain cotton/polycotton school shirt with long or short sleeves – not polo shirts.
- School tie.
- Grey or black cardigan, V neck jumper or Allenbourn sweatshirt.
- White, grey or black socks or black tights.
- Low heeled black, sensible shoes; not boots or trainers.
There is no summer uniform, but in excessively warm weather, pupils will be given permission to leave off ties. This privilege will be at the discretion of the headteacher
And here's what you need for physical education
- Gymnastics and summer games: white shorts, white Allenbourn T shirt, white socks, suitable outdoor trainers.
- Winter games: reversible shirt, black shorts, black socks, outdoor trainers. Football boots are optional for Year 5 but needed for other years.
- The reversible shirt is an expensive item. If you buy a generous size it should last the four years at Allenbourn.
- Gymnastics and summer games: black shorts or black athletic pants, black and gold P.E top, white socks and suitable outdoor trainers.
- Winter games: reversible shirt or AMS hooded top, black P.E. shorts, black socks, outdoor trainers or hockey/football boots.
Boys and girls:
- Optional black sweatshirt or Allenbourn hooded top and jogging bottoms may be worn in bad weather at the discretion of the P.E. staff.
- Large fabric bag in which to keep kit (NOT PLASTIC CARRIER) and a towel.
You can purchase all items of Allenbourn uniform from Bartlett's, King Street, Wimborne.
Jewellery and Ear-piercings
Jewellery (including smart watches, necklaces and bracelets) should not be worn in school.
Ear piercings: we allow only plain gold or silver studs to be worn (no more than one and only in the lobe of each ear). Studs must be taken out for P.E. and games lessons for safety reasons. During the period when they cannot be removed, studs must be covered with tape for these lessons. Studs are the responsibility of the child at all times.